[CentOS] HA Storage Cookbook?

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Fri Nov 7 21:41:20 UTC 2008

Rudi Ahlers wrote:

>> http://www.openfiler.com/products
>>
>> For me I would just buy a real storage array, better reliability
>> generally. Though entry level pricing is around $20k.
> 2x machines to give a network RAID setup. What would you recommend
> using? The idea is to serve to servers which will be clustered as
> well, hosting web hosting Virtual Private Servers.

openfiler(above from my original email) supports clustering in
some form I believe.

I honestly wouldn't trust any such solution myself, if I'm going
the cheap route then I would just have 2 of the systems and back
up the data to the 2nd one on a routine basis. Clustering is a
very in depth, fragile, complex thing to get right, and if not
done very very well can cause much more problems than it helps
prevent.

nate