[CentOS] HA Storage Cookbook?

Joshua Baker-LePain jlb17 at duke.edu
Sat Nov 8 01:08:04 UTC 2008

On Fri, 7 Nov 2008 at 4:22pm, nate wrote

> Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
>
>> While SATA and SAS are *supposed* to be able to be mixed freely, my vendor
>> has warned me that it doesn't always work out that well.  They have seen
>> compatibility issues using SATA drives on SAS controllers.  So for
>> applications where you want/need a SAS controller but still need big
>> capacity, these are the drives they recommend.
>
> Sounds like you need a better vendor for a solution that will
> work.

Wait, what?  They steer me away from squirrely configs and find me one
that works within my budget, and you're criticizing them?  I'm rather
confused.

Don't try to explain, though.  I don't think I'll get it.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
QB3 Shared Cluster Sysadmin