[CentOS] centralized logs server and also storing the logs on the local server

ankush grover

ankushcentos at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 07:57:42 UTC 2008

Hi Friends,

I am running most of my company's Linux Servers on Centos 4.x/5.x 32
and 64-bit. I am now trying to configure a centralized logging server
where logs of all the linux servers will be stored and also I want to
store all the logs on the local server aka means logs will be sent to
the central log server but also will be stored on the local server.
The reason for storing the logs locally is because we have offices in
different cities and few more offices are coming up and it is good to
store the logs locally so that when the connectivity b/w the offices
break the logs does not get lost. There are lots of configuration
available on internet which tells how to send the logs to the
centralized log server but I did not find any configuration where logs
can be stored locally as well as send to the centralized log.

Moreover I am also looking for logs analyzer tool which can generate
reports separately for each host for ex there are logs of 15 servers
are stored on the server and this logs analyzer tool should generate
reports separately for each host.

Thanks & Regards

Ankush