[CentOS] Kernel compilation problems

Ned Slider ned at unixmail.co.uk
Tue Nov 11 09:56:55 UTC 2008

Test wrote:
> Alan,
>
> The method you describe is the "standard" way of compiling a kernel, but
> for Centos the method seems to vary...
>

> http://webui.sourcelabs.com/centos/mail/user/threads/Run_a_more_recent_kernel_than_2.6.18_on_CentOS%253F.meta
> http://www.howtoforge.com/kernel_compilation_centos
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Custom_Kernel

The guide on the Wiki is maintained and is thoroughly tested (and
ammended as necessary) for each new kernel release so I would strongly
suggest you stick with that method. If you have any issues following
that methodology I'm sure Akemi and Alan, the maintainers of that page,
will be happy to assist you. Akemi is active on this list and I'm sure
will respond in due course.