[CentOS] SVN missing libexpat.so.0 while it is present

MHR mhullrich at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 19:47:05 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 11:42 AM, Berend Dekens <berend at cyberwizzard.nl> wrote:
> John schreef:
>>
>> JohnStanley Writes:
>>
>> Sometimes conlflicts can be created between the two. RPM and Yum. Run rpm
>> --rebuilddb
>>

> No change in there - SVN still fails.
>
>> Alternatively:
>> Maybe then your problem lies in the kind of install you did with
>> Subversion.
>> Installed from source or Binary RPM Package and where did you get it? What
>> version is it and CentOS?
>>

> I started with 1.4.2-*-el5, then 1.5.1 from the Subversion site and right
> now I have a custom compiled version installed - none of them worked.
>
> Whats strange about this whole thing is that even the locally compiled
> version is broken. I mean - the linked in the toolchain found libexpat so
> why doesn't the binary? I even turned SE Linux off - didn't make a change...

I don't recall from earlier in this thread, but did you happen to
mention what hardware you're running?

I have seen behavior like this before on my 64-bit machine at home
when there is a conflict between the 32 and 64 bit libraries.  It's
the main reason I can't build gnome at home (I think), for which I am
actually grateful (who knows how much damage I could have done to
myself), and I have also had issues with Seamonkey in this respect
(though not this particular one).

HTH

mhr