[CentOS] SVN missing libexpat.so.0 while it is present *SOLVED*

Berend Dekens berend at cyberwizzard.nl
Wed Nov 12 23:27:50 UTC 2008

I just found out that the other machine holding the SVN repository was
recently updated. So after trying on that one I got the same error!
(Which ofcourse made me think)

It seems that SVN invokes a remote copy of the binary for reading the
repo and simply pipes back the results... So while I got an error
telling me libexpat was not found, the error originated from the other
server...

I copied the libexpat.so.0 file back and fixed the symlinks and now all
is well again. Next time I know that if SVN acts up the problem can be
on any computer and not just the local one.

Thanks for all the help,
Berend