[CentOS] Re: Linux backup help

Amos Shapira amos.shapira at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 21:09:48 UTC 2008

Is there a way to "freeze" a list of installed packages and exact
versions, then tell yum (or any other tool/script) to install exactly
these verions either on the same or another systme?

I'm asking from perspective of being able to update and test in my
test or staging environment then when tests pass I want to replicate
the exact list of package versions in production.

Thanks,

--Amos