[CentOS] NTP problems

Olaf Mueller daily-planet at istari.de
Sat Nov 15 14:13:44 UTC 2008

Anne Wilson wrote:

> On Saturday 15 November 2008 10:41:14 Olaf Mueller wrote:
>> Anne Wilson wrote:
> No, the server is on a fixed IP, internally and externally.
Ok, here is my config file, hope this helps.
There was an option in the 'restrict default' line that I had to remove
for working properly, but I couldn't remember what it was.

# cat /etc/ntp.conf
restrict default kod nomodify notrap nopeer noquery
restrict mask nomodify notrap
restrict 0.de.pool.ntp.org mask nomodify notrap noquery
restrict 1.de.pool.ntp.org mask nomodify notrap noquery
restrict 2.de.pool.ntp.org mask nomodify notrap noquery
restrict 3.de.pool.ntp.org mask nomodify notrap noquery

server 0.de.pool.ntp.org
server 1.de.pool.ntp.org
server 2.de.pool.ntp.org
server 3.de.pool.ntp.org