[CentOS] CentOS 5.2 with IBM SERVERAID 6i

Ian Blackwell ian at ikel.id.au
Wed Nov 19 06:00:33 UTC 2008

miguelmedalha at sapo.pt wrote:
> My question now is: what would be the better way to implement RAID 5
> on this server? Should I use the detected array and respective driver
> or should I delete the array and go for Linus Software RAID?

I've installed RHEL 4 on several IBM eSeries servers with ServeRaid
controllers and I despise them.  They fail too often and often don't
tell you that they are having problems until it is too late.  My
suggestion is to use Linux software for your RAID array, and bypass the
ServeRaid controller entirely.

Ian