[CentOS] MSSQL on linux

Rudi Ahlers rudiahlers at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 12:45:57 UTC 2008

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 2:05 PM, Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 4:45 AM,  <chaminda at mfsl.lk> wrote:
>> Dear all,
>> I'm running CentOS 5.1. Is there any way to run MSDE or MSSQL on Linux?
> You can talk to them from a linux box, but you can't really RUN them
> from a linux box without virtualizing a windows OS.
> --
> During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.
> George Orwell

We run Widows 2003 + MSSQL 2006 on top of Linux with XEN. If hardware
limitations are the reason for your request, this is one way todo it.
I know it will work on VMWare & VirtualBox as well. If you have the
spare hardware, then rather run Windows server on it's own hardware,
the performance will be better.

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers