[CentOS] clamav-update and missing dependencies

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Tue Nov 25 14:31:19 UTC 2008

Timothy Kesten wrote on Tue, 25 Nov 2008 14:17:38 +0100:

> Missing Dependency: libclamav.so.4(CLAMAV_PUBLIC) is needed by package
> perl-Mail-ClamAV
> Missing Dependency: libclamav.so.4 is needed by package perl-Mail-ClamAV

do you *really* need this package? If not, uninstall it and your problem
is gone. I didn't check, but I assume this package is somewhat older than
your to-be-updated 94.1 rpmforge packages and not compatible anymore.
AFAIK the clamav perl module isn't really maintained for some time now, so
there is nothing new to package.

Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany