[CentOS] Stop the FUD Xen is not deprecated

Vandaman

vandaman2002-sk at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 25 15:45:59 UTC 2008

Do people have wet underwear for nothing over XEN?

See http://www.redhat.com/promo/qumranet/

<snip>
Q: Will Red Hat continue to support and contribute to Xen?

A: Yes. Red Hat will support Xen until at least 2014
(seven years after the release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5).
We are committed to insulating our customers from changes in
the infrastructure components and this is why we created an open
virtualization management standard (the Libvirt API). This
standard is provided in Red Hat products and has been adopted
by a number of other vendors (Sun, Novell, Ubuntu, etc.).
It allows customers and ISVs to build virtualization management
applications, processes and configurations based on a stable API,
independent of the underlying virtualization technology.

Red Hat continues to be an active member of the Xen development
community and is currently working on further integration work
between the Xen hypervisor and the Linux kernel.

</snip>

As far as CentOS is concerned saying Xen is deprecated is
jumping the gun. CentOS ships with Xen and as long as upstream
supports it, CentOS by extension supports it.

Regards,
Vandaman.