[CentOS] Trouble Donating on centos.org

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Tue Nov 25 18:11:56 UTC 2008

Mark A. Lewis wrote:
>> I don't trust paypal with my real CC#. Yay for temporary numbers.
>
> What's to trust? They do anything unauthorized, call your CC company and let
> them take care of it. That's the beauty of credit cards, your liability is
> almost nothing.

I guess it's more along the lines on how long the real credit
card is valid for(years) vs how long the temporary credit card
is valid for (1 month).

I've used paypal on a couple of occasions several years ago and
didn't have a problem but I've read/heard too many stories of
them screwing people over to trust them with anything.

I opened up a paypal account a few days ago to send a few bucks to
someone else for a piece of software since I _really_ wanted it
and he only took paypal. I plan to close it again soon.

Probably over paranoid I know but that's just how I am I guess.
Fortunately to my knowledge I've never been the victim of
fraud, identity theft etc.

nate