[CentOS] USB or PCI dialup modem supported by Centos

"Germán Andrés Pulido F." gpulido at gtscolombia.com
Tue Nov 25 19:41:17 UTC 2008

I highly recommend U.S. Robotics Courier analog modem
(http://www.usr.com/products/modem/business-product.asp?sku=USR3453c).
It requires a serial port on the machine, but if you have one, it's
worth it. It's the best modem I've ever used, and worked flawlessly on
windows, linux, solaris and freebsd for many years until I got DSL.

Regards.

Ramon Nieto wrote:

>     You can be sure a PCI serial card and an external modem will be
>     supported... true 16550 UARTS...
>

> The problem is i can not find any retailer selling external modems
> here in Mexico, i will use this modems at work so buying used ones is
> not an option.

Cordialmente,

 GERMAN ANDRES PULIDO F.
 Ingeniero de Proyectos