[CentOS] Looking for an application to work with Centos

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 15:44:49 UTC 2008

John Plemons wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback, but not exactly what I have in mind, the
> inventory is fluid and quantity changes are updated daily.  My goal
> would be a real time link to a secondary DB which has a update push from
> the primary DB, the primary is a Firebird DB under Windows 2003 server..

150,000 entries is not a big number for databases - you should be able
to hook perl DBI connections to both databases and pull updates at some
reasonable interval.  I'd search on freashmeat.net for a 'shopping cart'
application to display the catalog and try to find one where the db
entries are easy to match up with what you already have.

   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com