[CentOS] Centos 5.2 install problem

Michael Kress kress at hal.saar.de
Thu Nov 27 09:48:58 UTC 2008

nate wrote:
>> Hi, I'm trying a fresh install on a x86_64 (Supermicro X7dbe, 2xIntel
>> Xeon X5450, 8 GB, 3WARE 9650SE-8LPML, 3 disks in RAID 5).
>> The format takes quite long (2,7 TB), that seems to be normal, but then
>> the first boot will not take place, instead the system loops. Any hints?
>
> Try again using a volume that is less than 2TB in size and see
> if it makes a difference?

Just found in the 3ware manual:
"Even though the Linux 2.6 kernel supports partitions larger than 2 TB,
the installers for SuSE and Redhat do not. Turn auto-carving on to prevent
the installation from failing."
Well, it's actually not the installer, but anyways, I'll give it a try and
then give you a feedback! I don't really need partitions > 2TB.
Regards
Michael