[CentOS] Looking for a method to keep at least 5% CPU

Ryan J M sync.jma at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 00:50:39 UTC 2008

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 1:08 PM, Christopher Chan
<christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk> wrote:

> I agree here. I do remember not being able to log in when i/o is completely
> swamped though. Maybe the problem is not so much 100% cpu usage but disk
> i/o. The box might be thrashing swap.
Oh, I missed that, we do use NFS badly(nfs mount home directory) in
that box, the system became hard to login when lots of people works.

PS: I think, you know, root should be loginable in any condition
unless the system is down. Shouldn't it?

Thanks, nate and Christopher

FIXME if it is wrong.