[CentOS] Re: Reassemble software RAID

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Sat Nov 29 22:52:18 UTC 2008

on 11-26-2008 6:12 AM Kai Schaetzl spake the following:
> It's obvious but I should have mentioned it nevertheless that I copied the
> partition table from sdb back to sda, of course.
> I wonder how the superblock for /dev/md1 could be missing?
> Kai
Before you do anything, can you access the LVM's on /dev/sdb2?
If so, make sure you back everything up as you will probably need to start
over on the raid arrays. Worse case you will need a third drive for temporary
storage. Best case, you can create new arrays on /dev/sda with only one
member, migrate the data from sdb to sda, and then add sdb to the arrays.

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and
you notice quickly if they don't!!!!