[CentOS] boot problems

Tue Nov 4 15:33:41 UTC 2008
Gopinath Achari <gopinath at signal-networks.com>

try

root (hd0,0)
configfile /boot/grub/grub.conf              or
configfile /etc/grub.conf
boot

it should boot if unable to load the grub  config file or try to
manually define the root , vmlinuz and initrd paramaters and boot.

Eg:
root (hd0,1)
        kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.19.1 ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb quiet
        initrd /boot/initrd-2.6.19.1.img

boot