[CentOS] Cluster Heart Beat Using Cross Over Cable

Thu Nov 6 08:20:05 UTC 2008
lingu <hicheerup at gmail.com>

Hi,

  I am running two node active/passive  cluster running Centos3 update
8 64 bit on Hp Box with external hp storage connected via scsi. My
cluster was running fine for  last 3 years.But all of a sudden cluster
service keep on shifting (atleast one time in a day )form one node to
another.

 After analysed the syslog i found that  due to some network
fluctuation service was getting shifted.Both the nodes has two NIC
bonded together and configured with  below ip.

My network details:

192.168.1.2 --node 1 physical ip  with  class c subnet (bond0 )
192.168.1.3 --node 2 physical ip  with class c subnet (bond0 )
192.168.1.4  --- floating ip  ( cluster )

 Since it is a very critical and busy server may be due to heavy
network load  some hear beat signal is getting missed  resulting in
shifting of service from one node to another.

So i planned to connect crossover cable for heart beat messages, can
any one guide me  or provide me the link that best explains  how to do
the same and the changes i have to made in cluster configuration file
after connecting the crossover cable.

Regards,

Lingu