[CentOS] Re: [CentOS-devel] CentOS for router product

Wed Nov 19 15:13:17 UTC 2008

Arut Selvan wrote:
> I have been told by my boss to do a feasability study of using CentOS
> for our routing product.
>
> I have some basic questions regarding CentOS. Please clarify.
>
> 1. Is the kernel used by CentOS pre-emptible/non-preemptible ?
>
> 2. Does CentOS allow for assigning of process priorities (e.g in VxWorks
> task priorities can be set at creation time)
>
> 3. What is the clock resolution provided ?

a) you have the wrong list, you want the centos at centos.org list ( which
is where I am replying )

b) where did you look to find answers for these questions, what did you
come up with ? All of these can be answered via a trivial look at the
sources, if you intend to use CentOS, that might be a good idea anyway

- KB