[CentOS] Getting a disk driver from 3ware installed.

Tue Nov 25 16:25:23 UTC 2008
Steve Campbell <campbell at cnpapers.com>

We are having a little problem with a raid array, and it appears that
the disk driver may be at fault.

A disk driver  for the kernel we are running, 2.6.18-53.1.21.el5.i386,
has been downloaded from 3ware's site. The only documentation included
says to run "linux dd". I'm assuming this is at the boot prompt upon
startup, and not installation (I hope).

I have found some old threads about this for Centos 4, but it kinda
drifted away and never really gave much info on what to do with the
files that were downloaded.

Can anyone tell me what I'm supposed to do with this downloaded zipped
file to get it to use the driver, please?

Thanks

Steve Campbell