[CentOS] Sendmail - STARTTLS not appear on one client

Fri Nov 28 21:30:40 UTC 2008
happymaster23 <happymaster23 at gmail.com>

Hi,

I have Sendmail configured to use STARTTLS for authentication. On all
internet connections and computers (that I have tested) works
connection over encrypted SMTP flawlessly. Today I was setting up mail
client on PC of my customer and standardily checked boxes, that I want
to use SSL for POP3 and SMTP. Next I wanted to check configuration (by
sending email from this mailbox to this mailbox) but it does not work.

So I have opened telnet, connected via port 25 and writed "ehlo
hostname" and then finded out, that there is missing STARTTLS. Is
possible, that some bad configuration on client side (firewall,
etc...) can cause this error including that this function is missing
in printout of ehlo? POP3S working good.

>From Sendmail log (/var/log/maillog):

Nov 28 19:31:23 server sendmail[11163]: xxx:
xxxxx.jizmorava.adsl-llu.static.bluetone.cz [85.207.xxx.211] did not
issue MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connection to MTA

Thank you very much