[CentOS] Picasa vs. native photo management apps

Sun Nov 2 19:57:17 UTC 2008
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 12:50 PM, Michael Semcheski
<mhsemcheski at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 3:26 PM, Glenn <centos at 1bigadmin.biz> wrote:
>> At 02:57 PM 10/31/2008, you wrote:
>>
>> I recommend taking a good look at Digicam.  For the types of tasks
>> listed above, its very good and fairly easy.  It also supports bulk
>> processing, tagging images, etc.
>>
>> Its part image database and part image manipulator.
>>
>> Link? Please? Digicam gives too many hits on search engine even with
>> refining the search.
>> (Lurking and inquisitive)
>
> Sorry, I did mean Digikam.  As you might imply from the k substituting
> for the c, its a KDE application (although it works fine in a gnome
> environment.)
>
> www.digikam.org

Michael: Thank you. I will look into Digikam. At first, I thought
(assumed) the camcorder we were going to get was MiniDV, but, it uses
mini DVDs. So, I just removed kino and Cinelerra looks like it has a
learning curve and no online help.  I will look into  Digikam. Lanny