[CentOS] Forward all traffic from public IP A to public IP B?

Mon Nov 3 22:29:24 UTC 2008
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

Morten Sundstrøm wrote:

> Im trying to forward all traffic to a public server(A) to another
> public server(B) except traffic to port 22. Found this on google but
> cant get it to work. Could someone help me please.
> Server A has one NIC server B has one NIC. Do i need 2 NICS in server A.

> Server B is not behind server A, two different machines on different
> public networks.

Offhand, I'd suggest setting up a VPN between the two servers, perhaps
using OpenVPN, configured so server "A" is masquerading the VPN's
private addresses, and use ip masquerade style port forwarding to server
B's private VPN address.

this still leaves some questionable scenarios...  for instance, assuming
server B has its own default gateway (which, indeed, it needs for
various reasons), if a FTP connection request comes in via server A's
port forwarding and NAT, the handling of the FTP dynamic 'data' port
will get messy.    the same applies to any other protocol that
genereates dynamic requests.

for that matter, server "B" generated outbound traffic, like for
instance, email... is that to be forwarded out through A ?