[CentOS] Forward all traffic from public IP A to public IP B?

Mon Nov 3 23:40:17 UTC 2008
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

Morten Sundstrøm wrote:

> No nothing will go back from B through A, traffic from B vil go directly
> to the quering host. Sort of like manipulate the header of every packet
> changing destination IP to New destination IP and let the new
> destination host answer the query. Maybe im way of here :) and if I am
> then somone just say it and i will forget the whole ting.

I think it is the wrong answer to any possible problem (compared to
changing DNS or whatever it takes to make the connection request go to
the right place on its own).  Your iptables DNAT line would work to get
the packet to the other host - and you should be able to see that with
tcpdump.  However, when host B responds back to the original source
address it won't complete a connection to the socket waiting for
something from host A.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com