[CentOS] Reinstalled Windows and GRUB - Cannot boot Linux - fstab and grub.conf errors?

Mon Nov 10 16:14:05 UTC 2008
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 9:06 AM, partha chowdhury <kira.laucas at gmail.com> wrote:
> Lanny Marcus wrote:
<snip>
>> 01   /dev/hda1  ntfs   Active
>> 02   /dev/hda2 ext3              (/boot)
>> 03   /dev/hda3 unknown      (CentOS LVM)
>
> AFAIK,in centos or fedora a boot partition cannot reside in an LVM volume.a
> boot partition must be a regular ext2 or ext3 file system.

Yes. There's a separate ext3 partition, /boot, with 102 MB, that's
/dev/hda2  and it isn't in an LVM.

Problem now, as I just replied to Vandaman, is that my CentOS 5
Installation DVD got damaged, after I reinstalled GRUB and before I
could modify two configuration files. I have several Live CDs, but
don't know how to get real "root" privileges with them.

Sorry for delay in my reply. Our ADSL was down.