[CentOS] Reinstalled Windows and GRUB - Cannot boot Linux - fstab and grub.conf errors?

Mon Nov 10 19:35:01 UTC 2008
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 11:38 AM, Phil Schaffner
<Philip.R.Schaffner at nasa.gov> wrote:
> Lanny Marcus wrote:
>> I have several Live CDs, but
>> don't know how to get real "root" privileges with them.
>
> Often "su -" in a terminal window is all that's required to get root for a
> live CD.

Phil: I think I tried that, Saturday afternoon, but I will try it
again, after my daughter gets home. As I recall, that did not get me
into the true "root" environment, but into root for the Live CD.  I
will try it again, with each of the 3 Live CD's, and report back to
the list. When I tried to edit one of the configuration files I need
to edit, it was a different configuration file, provided by the Live
CD.   Thanks! Lanny