[CentOS] rpmforge i386 and x86_64?

Wed Nov 12 11:05:26 UTC 2008
Mogens Kjaer <mk at crc.dk>

Marcelo M. Garcia wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is it possible to have rpmforge for both architectures? Currently is
> only for 64bit, but I need some libraries 32bit (rrdtool) to install
> ganglia.

A problem is that the /etc/yum.repos.d/mirrors-rpmforge file has
$ARCH in it, which would still be x86_64 even if installed from
i386.

Couldn't you try to make a copy of /etc/yum.repos.d/rpmforge.repo
into, say, rpmforge32.repo, and change it into:

[rpmforge32]
name = Red Hat Enterprise $releasever - RPMforge.net - dag
baseurl = http://apt.sw.be/redhat/el5/en/i386/dag
enabled = 1
protect = 0
gpgkey = file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-rpmforge-dag
gpgcheck = 1

and see if it works? Maybe you can pick another mirror,
but remember to replace $ARCH with i386.

Note: This is not tested, but I've done this with Livna
on a Fedora x86_64 machine without breaking anything.

Mogens
Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Mobile: +45 22 12 53 25
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk