[CentOS] can CentOS act as an iSCSI server?

Sun Nov 16 15:00:27 UTC 2008
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net>

Rudi Ahlers wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to know if I could share some space on on of my servers,
> to another server(s) using the iSCSI protocal? I can  see that CentOS
> can connect to an iSCSI server, but can it act as a iSCSI server?
>
> Is so, does anyone have some good HOWTO / tutorials / docs on how to set it up?
>
> I'm running CentOS 5.2

Yes you can , but actually it's still 'techonology preview' as stated in
the Upstream Release Notes ...
You'll need to install the package scsi-target-utils and configure
everything with the tgtadm command : there is no config file that is
read by the /etc/rc.d/init.d/tgtd initscripts so you have to write a
bash scripts that will be read on startup to do the whole work.
If you have already played with iscsi, using tgtadm is not really
difficult but i admit also that i'm only using it for tests in labs.
Production machines are using FC HBAs ;-)
--
-
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net>