[CentOS] qlogic driver not scanning scsi bus on load CentOS 5.1

Wed Nov 19 18:35:11 UTC 2008
nate <centos at linuxpowered.net>

Very strange behavior, been banging my head against the
wall on this one too. It works fine on CentOS 4.6, the
behavior is when the driver loads the bus is not scanned
or at least the devices that are exported are not detected.
(they are detected in the HBA bios no problem). If I issue
the qlogic bus scan command it doesn't get anything back
either. If I manually add the devices with "scsi add-single-device"
they immediately pop up.

I am new to using FC on CentOS 5.x with 4.x it was so easy
perhaps I should just stick to what works.

Filing a support case with my vendors as well though not
sure how much help they'll end up being.

Running a "QLogic Corp. ISP2432-based 4Gb Fibre Channel to
PCI Express HBA". Tried both the drivers from qlogic's site
and the ones that ship with CentOS.  Once the devices are
detected everything works fine. Though I don't want to
hard code the "scsi add-single-device" commands into my
startup scripts if I can avoid it, rather use CentOS 4.6
instead.

Anyone seen this kind of behavior before?

thanks

nate