[CentOS] noauto option ignored in CentOS 5.1?

Wed Nov 19 18:43:58 UTC 2008
Matthew Kent <matt at bravenet.com>

On Wed, 2008-11-19 at 10:29 -0800, nate wrote:
> I have worked quite a bit with CentOS 4.x with
> SAN, multipathing, LVM etc. The way I mount my
> file systems is using a script that is called during
> startup that runs fsck, imports the physical volumes,
> and volume groups, activates the logical volumes, creates
> the mount point if needed then mounts the volume, I mainly
> made it for software iSCSI due to the iscsi stack loading
> after the system mount process. I adapted it to my fiber
> channel systems as well and it worked great(mainly so
> I could have a consistent experience between FC and
> iSCSI).

Hmm.. not sure about older versions of CentOS but for lvm over iscsi in
5.2 all you should need is

/dev/foo.vg/foo.lv /foo xfs _netdev,noatime,rw 0 0

in /etc/fstab and iscsi node startup set to automatic (which is the
default I believe). _netdev being the key as it will mount it after
iscsi is loaded and connected.

And since the volume is being asked to mount at boot time, the startup
scripts are smart enough to find and activate the volume group and
logical volume.

Nothing extra required.

Only issue I've had is sometimes after unclean shutdowns the volume
group gets deactivated and must be manually activated and mounted,
though this has never prevented booting.

Though this doesn't include the fsck'ing you mentioned..
--
Matthew Kent \ SA \ bravenet.com