[Centos] Promise EX16650 under 5.2?

Wed Nov 19 21:44:56 UTC 2008
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 4:00 PM, Guy Boisvert <boisvert.guy at videotron.ca> wrote:
> Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> Guy Boisvert wrote:
>>> ... and we have many problems with that approach which most of the time
>>> uses Java.
>>
>> I've never seen one that did use java, having used the proxy's for Areca,
>> 3ware, adaptec and MSI.
>>
>>> I have many servers in production (mostly Winblows boxes, i know it's bad
>>> but it's not my choice!) that have 2-3 of these bad admin apps and we have
>>> many compatibility problems.
>>
>> Get a proper raid card ?
>>
>> - KB
>
> I'm totally with you Karanbir!
>
> I mean, i'm a consultant and i have to live with things i didn't chose!
>
> I'd like to change many hardware at my client's offices but sometimes, the
> budget is just not there.  SMBs are not always up to understand TCO, ROI,
> etc.  I do my best but sometimes, it's difficult!

I believe, as a Consultant, one has a legal and moral obligation, to
give the client the best advice one can. If they do not go that route,
we've tried our best.... I've seen them go both ways.

> The guy was talking about Promise and that was the reason i tried to warn
> him about their bad management app and so-so support.

If my memory hasn't failed,  Promise has gotten many bad comments,
over time, in this mailing list. 3Ware is much more respected here,
but again, not positive my memory is working....