[CentOS] A working example to use rsyslog as log centralized host

Fri Nov 21 20:29:01 UTC 2008
carlopmart <carlopmart at gmail.com>

Hi all,

  Somebody can helps me with rsyslog configuration to use it as a log
centralized server?? I am trying several configs without luck, and all examples
that I found are related to v3 and nothing about v2 that ships with CentOS or RHEL.

  I am trying to do something like this:

  $template DynFile,"/var/log/rsyslog/%HOSTNAME%/secure"
  if $source != 'localhost' and $syslogfacility-text == 'authpriv' then -?DynFile

  But this is for version 3 ... and doesn't works ... Any help??

--
CL Martinez
carlopmart {at} gmail {d0t} com