[CentOS] Location of 5.2 .iso without XEN

Sat Nov 22 23:02:03 UTC 2008
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 3:35 PM, Sam Drinkard <sam at wa4phy.net> wrote:
> Lanny Marcus wrote:
>> On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 11:58 AM, Sam Drinkard <sam at wa4phy.net> wrote:
>> <snip>
>>> unexpected, I have to ask questions.  I'm amazed that I missed the
>>> virtualization when I did the install.. I'm going to blow it all away and
>>> start fresh, mainly because I didn't like the default partitioning on the
>>> drives.  I'm in uncharted waters for me with the raid array, and trying
>>> figure out what is what.
<snip>
> I was very particular when doing this install, and I did see the
> virtualization box.  I suppose I assumed it was something else when I did
> the first install.  I've now got a good install afaik at this point, so I'll
> start off by updating the basic system. I know there is a heap of stuff that
> has changed since 4.7, and I just gotta play catch up.  I'm not one to jump
> on the latest and greatest...  xen is like a foreign language to me.. don't
> want it or need it.  Will peruse the archives and see what else I've got to
> get updated on..

Sounds good. After I clicked "send", I reread your post and realized
that you didn't want xen (which, I believe, is depreciated). VMWare
Server seems to be very popular here. A good idea to install only what
you need, but, it's usually safer installing on Linux than installing
something on M$ Windoze, which can really screw up the box. BTW, check
the "Services" that are running on your box and turn off anything you
don't need running. I'm always puzzled by services upstream has
started, many of them, I don't want or need.