[CentOS] Skype vs. CentOS: no outgoing sound

Sun Nov 23 22:20:20 UTC 2008
Niki Kovacs <contact at kikinovak.net>

Lanny Marcus a écrit :

> Niki: Welcome to the club! This is something I have tried to get
> working, on my CentOS 5 (32 bit) desktop. William was very kind and he
> volunteered to help, but I have other projects, with higher
> priorities, ahead of this one now. Great to know that one of the
> previous responders has it working AOK. My Sound Card is a Generic,
> which uses the snd-cs46xx driver. It's a Cirrus Logic and Skype works
> perfectly on M$ Windows, which is the main reason why this is still a
> dual boot box. Like yours, my calls to the Skype test robot are all
> one way. I can hear her, but she can't hear me. GL! Lanny

After a few more hours of googling, I've come to the following
conclusion: Skype seems to work for some folks, and not for others,
regardless of competence or used distribution.

I'd say this is quite annoying.

Niki