[CentOS] USB or PCI dialup modem supported by Centos

Tue Nov 25 20:44:40 UTC 2008
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 1:34 PM, Ramon Nieto <rnieto.linux at gmail.com> wrote:
>> You can be sure a PCI serial card and an external modem will be
>> supported... true 16550 UARTS...
>
> The problem is i can not find any retailer selling external modems here in
> Mexico, i will use this modems at work so buying used ones is not an option.

Ramon: Look here:
http://computacion.mercadolibre.com.mx/
I've purchased a number of hard to find things on Mercadolibre.com in Colombia.
Any External Serial port modem should work as I recall. I used a Zoom
External modem. We have ADSL now. Where you are, obviously, that's not
an option.....
Hard to find companies that will ship something like that out of the
USA, but they exist, if you are willing to pay the Shipping and Import
Fees. You might look on Buy.com or some other site, for an example of
available models and  prices. Lanny