[CentOS] Looking for an application to work with Centos

Wed Nov 26 11:57:46 UTC 2008
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

John Plemons wrote:
> Frank thank you for the feedback...  I understand that there will not
> be a real time Spidering and update of Google, that's fine, once the
> 150,000 part numbers are Spidered once, then that is 1/2 the work
> done.  The other side, that I want to be some what real time, is a
> onsite search feature so that real customers can see true, or close to
> true information...
> What some people do, is build a pade with every part number know to
> man on it, just a basic stream of text on a page, one after an other,
> after several tens if not hundreds of pages they have the information
> on the web.

a web catalog should NOT be creating static page files for each catalog
item in the database, it should be a browsable dynamic HTML thing, thats
generating the pages on the fly based on database queries.   to the
user, both implementations would look approximately the same.   if you
want your catalog 'spiderable', then it should have hierarchical
navigation that will get you to every item (category, subcategory, item,
next, last, etc), also hide the ?q=xxxxx&pn=xxxx stuff via URL
redirection so the web pages appear as
http://yourcatalog/toplevelcategory/category/subcategory/part/option  or
whatever.