[CentOS] enable repo download and save but no install

Wed Nov 26 20:46:30 UTC 2008
Lee Perez <leecajun at alltel.net>

Jerry Geis wrote:
> Is there a way to enable a repo, and ask it to download a package and
> all dependencies
> and save these files to a given directory then some time later execute
> a command
> to install those files that were saved.
>
> Is that possible?
>
> I would like to take a snapshot of something like VLC on dag and
> always install those same vlc packages and dependencies
> that were saved locally. Not go out over the net and install them the
> next time. I'm not concerned about
> updates to this package.
Hi Jerry,

I think that was just discussed the other day on 11-24 as subject yum
download.  If you follow this thread I think this is what you will be
looking for:

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2008-November/068284.html

I hope this helps.  Dang finally get to answer someone.

Lee Perez