[CentOS] Re: Reassemble software RAID

Sat Nov 29 22:52:18 UTC 2008
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 11-26-2008 6:12 AM Kai Schaetzl spake the following:
> It's obvious but I should have mentioned it nevertheless that I copied the
> partition table from sdb back to sda, of course.
> I wonder how the superblock for /dev/md1 could be missing?
>
> Kai

Before you do anything, can you access the LVM's on /dev/sdb2?
If so, make sure you back everything up as you will probably need to start
over on the raid arrays. Worse case you will need a third drive for temporary
storage. Best case, you can create new arrays on /dev/sda with only one
member, migrate the data from sdb to sda, and then add sdb to the arrays.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and