[CentOS] SATA errors on CentOS 5.2

Tue Nov 4 20:45:18 UTC 2008
MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com>

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 6:39 AM, Joseph L. Casale
<JCasale at activenetwerx.com> wrote:

> Heh, Actually you don't "have two SATA controllers for a single disk drive"
> but you have two controllers.

Well, yes, of course!  ;-)

> As the last poster suggested, use AHCI for Linux.

Interesting.  I just spoke with the tech, and he says that he switched
the controller mode from "compatible" to "enhanced" and the errors
haven't happened yet.  He said he did try AHCI, but it bombed
(probably because it wasn't set that way when the drive was originally
formatted.

Should we go ahead and reset to AHCI and reinstall (again)?  Or will
"enhanced" be enough for the long run?

Thanks.

mhr