[CentOS] HA Storage Cookbook?

Fri Nov 7 07:48:36 UTC 2008
Rudi Ahlers <rudiahlers at gmail.com>

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 9:27 PM, nate <centos at linuxpowered.net> wrote:
> Gordon McLellan wrote:
>> Hello List,
>>
>> Can anyone recommend some sites regarding building high-availability
>> storage networks using centos (or the upstream providers brand name)?
>> I need to have approx 2-3 tb of storage available via iscsi and smb,
>> but worry about having it all on a single server.  Most of the HA
>> articles I'm reading deal with application high availability, but not
>> storage.
>
> Check out openfiler?
>
> http://www.openfiler.com/products
>
> For me I would just buy a real storage array, better reliability
> generally. Though entry level pricing is around $20k.
>
> nate

Hi Nate,

In some countries those storage arrays are about 3 more expensive, so
it's cheaper to build it yourself with PC / server components. I'm
actually interested in such a setup as well, and would like to cluster
2x machines to give a network RAID setup. What would you recommend
using? The idea is to serve to servers which will be clustered as
well, hosting web hosting Virtual Private Servers.

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers