[CentOS] Can you recommend some USB headphones

Fri Nov 7 13:03:16 UTC 2008

Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> Cheap USB sound cards tend to not have any volume control. The good news
>> is that you can take the money you save and buy a good 1/8" headset that
>> does have one.
> I have to go with USB headphones.  This is for notebooks.

The Plantronics headset that I use ( and posted details about ) is
quite portable, light, has active noise cancelling on both input and
output, is usb 1 standard and has volume control for speakers.

Is not the cheapest headset around, and has this semi clunky box
attached about midway between usb plug and headset - but the cord is
long enough to not need to worry about that too much.