[CentOS] Where is the file that sets aliases?

Sat Nov 8 19:39:42 UTC 2008
Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>

On Saturday 08 November 2008 19:00:56 Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-11-08 at 18:57 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > I was having a problem in a shell script that turned out to be cp being
> > aliased to 'cp -i'.  Not a showstopper, once you realise it, but it did
> > beg the question as to where this file is.  I was told to look in
> > /etc/profile.d, but that doesn't seem to be the case on my CentOS box.  I
> > can list aliases, so I know the file exists, but where?
>
> ~/.bashrc

That seems to be the place to add user-specific ones, but where are the global
default ones?

> FTR, you can use \cp to get around this.

I was told that, and also told that it was advisable to use the full path in a
script, particularly if it is to be run by cron.  I chose the full-path
solution.

Anne