[CentOS] Autodetecing RAID members upon boot... need to update initrd?

Mon Nov 10 20:51:16 UTC 2008
Tim Nelson <tnelson at rockbochs.com>

I wanted to MaKe and INITRD and you sent me to check out MKINITRD. How thoughtful... :-)

Kidding aside, I appreciate the suggestion. I checked it out and simply ran a 'mkinitrd --with=sata_sil /path/to/newinitrd <kernel>' and rebooted. When grub popped up, I edited the initrd line to reflect the new initrd. It worked like a charm. I've since updated the grub.conf permanently and everything works as expected when rebooted.

Thanks again for the pointers.

In the future, when upgrading the kernel, will future initrd's be built with my current modules or will I have to manually create new initrd's after each update?

Tim Nelson
Systems/Network Support
Rockbochs Inc.
(218)727-4332 x105