[CentOS] Virtual NICs (aliases like eth0:1) won't come up after reboot

Thu Nov 13 14:47:22 UTC 2008
Berend Dekens <berend at cyberwizzard.nl>

Update: Didn't help - but this time I was connected to a console so I
could see the bootup and I get this:
"SIOCSIFFLAGS: Cannot assign requested address"

Strange thing is that I have multiple aliasses and only 3 errors...

I tried Google with this error and I see lots of people with Ubuntu
running into that one but CentOS hasn't got the same scripts so their
solution won't help me.

Cheers,
Berend