[CentOS] OT - Automated rpm builds

Mon Nov 17 18:32:20 UTC 2008
Shawn O'Shea <shawn at ll.mit.edu>

Tom Brown wrote:
> Hi
>
> Currently devs check code into perforce and we have to checkout >
> package > update repo > deploy
>
> I know this could be scripted but are there any tools out there that can
> take code from a repository and build rpm's in a continuous integration
> type manner? I have been hunting around for such a tool and so far not
> seeing anything obvious as i dont want to reinvent the wheel if at all
> possible.

I'm currently using Apache Ant to do my CVS checkouts and RPM builds. It
has task support for Perforce as well. There's a good O'Reilly book on
Ant (Ant: The Definitive Guide).

I'm looking into moving to the Hudson continuous integration server. It
also supports Perforce and can call ant scripts to perform actual builds.

Apache Ant
http://ant.apache.org/
Ant Manual
http://ant.apache.org/manual/