OT: windiag (Re: [CentOS] how can I stress a server?)

Tue Nov 18 09:55:58 UTC 2008
Rudi Ahlers <rudiahlers at gmail.com>

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 11:47 AM, Tru Huynh <tru at centos.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 11:19:51AM +0200, Rudi Ahlers wrote:
>>
>> I don't use Windows, so this wouldn't have helped in anycase :)
>
> It's a diag floppy/cdrom, you don't need windows...  except to expand it to the
> media.
>
> Read at least the url!
>
> Rudi, you have a strange attitude:
> - you ask for help for hardware issue
> - that is nearly off topic here
> - there not much people can help you with but giving advices
> - most of these advices, you choose to ignore (fine with me)
>
> if your hardware fails, replace it, bug your vendor
> there is nothing more to say.
>
> Tru
> --
> Tru Huynh (mirrors, CentOS-3 i386/x86_64 Package Maintenance)
> http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xBEFA581B

Tru,

The hardware works, but the moment I start running server based
application (i.e. XEN VPS's), then the load goes very high. I'm
running CentOS Linux on it, and was thinking this would be a great
place to get help, but I can see that I'm wrong, since the hardware
that I chose to use (and can afford in my country) is clearly not the
right choice of hardware to use.

And although you're right in saying that a hardware problem is
off-topic, I need a way to prove to the suppliers that it is in fact a
problem with the hardware. Since everything works fine when you switch
it on, yet when I start-up the XEN virtual machines, the load goed
exsesively high. I have reinstalled the OS, but since I use yum to
update to the latest version of everything, it could very well be a OS
/ kernel / software bug as well. I don't know, and I was hoping to get
some insight on it from this list.

My other choice is to go and purchase Windows & install it, to see
what happens. Then, if the same problem persists I can say it's
hardware, if not, then it's software related.

Sorry for sounding so rude in my earlier posts, I just spend 3 days
without sleep @ the datacentre trying to sort this out, and I need to
tell my clients why the machine performs so poorly compared to the
previous one which only has a Core 2 Dou CPU with 4GB RAM in it. See
my problem?

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers