[CentOS] Re: CentOS 5.2 with IBM SERVERAID 6i

Wed Nov 19 14:10:28 UTC 2008
Tom Diehl <tdiehl at rogueind.com>

Ralph Angenendt wrote:

> Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> > If you use the hw raid, you can easily manager your raid array with
> > either ipssend cli or ServeRAID manager gui (both are downloadable from
> > IBM support website)
>
> Faultdetection sucks with that, but you can use ipmitool for that:
>
> [root at on3-3550 ~]# ipmitool sdr|grep Drive
> Drive 1 Status   | 0x01              | ok
> Drive 2 Status   | 0x01              | ok
> Drive 3 Status   | Not Readable      | ns
> Drive 4 Status   | Not Readable      | ns
> [root at on3-3550 ~]#

I installed the OpenIPMI packages but when I run the above command
I get the following:

(geppetto pts5) # ipmitool sdr
Could not open device at /dev/ipmi0 or /dev/ipmi/0 or /dev/ipmidev/0: No such file or directory
Get Device ID command failed
Unable to open SDR for reading
(geppetto pts6) # rpm -qa | grep -i ipmi
OpenIPMI-libs-2.0.6-6.el5
OpenIPMI-2.0.6-6.el5
OpenIPMI-tools-2.0.6-6.el5
(geppetto pts6) # lsmod | grep -i ipmi
(geppetto pts6) #

Is there something special that needs to be done to enable ipmitool? lsmod
shows that
none of the ipmi modules are loaded. Do I need some magic incantation in
/etc/modules.conf or is there some other package I need?

the machine is an ibm X3655 with C5 installed on it.

Regards,

Tom Diehl		tdiehl at rogueind.com		Spamtrap address mtd123 at rogueind.com