[CentOS] SYD flood dropped on Sendmail (centos 4.x)

Thu Nov 20 19:31:21 UTC 2008
Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>

Chris Heiner wrote on Thu, 20 Nov 2008 08:48:50 -0800:

> My firewall seems to block an attack my Centos / Sendmail boxes on port 110.

port 110 is your POP server, probably dovecot.

> These servers require a reboot after each attack.

Because of what?

> My firewall says it's
> blocked?

I don't see this statement in your logs. How/where does it say this?

> Do I need to patch something on sendmail? Or is my firewall not
> doing its job (Sonicwall)? This is not the first time this has happened.

SYN floods are not unusual, even if it is not an attack.
What or if you want to do something depends on your situation.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany